The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act is the law in Canada which guarantees your right to privacy.
Scooteretti knows that your information is private and you are concerned how it is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. By visiting Scooteretti, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice. The information we gather from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience when using our services.
Policy on the Use of Information Gathered from the General Public
The following statement applies only to members of the general public and is intended to address concerns about the types of information gathered from the public, if any, and how that information is used.
A “cookie” is a small file containing information that is placed on a user’s computer by a web server. Typically, these files are used to enhance the user’s experience of the site, to help users move between pages in a database, or to customize information for a user.
Cookie data is not used in any way that would disclose personally identifiable information to outside parties unless Scooteretti is legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
Scooteretti maintains log files of all access to its site and also monitors network traffic for the purposes of site management. This information is used to help diagnose problems with the server and to carry out other administrative tasks. Log analysis tools are also used to create summary statistics to determine which information is of most interest to users, to identify system problem areas, or to help determine technical requirements.
Information such as the following is collected in these files:
- Hostname: the hostname and/or IP address of the computer requesting access to the site
- User-Agent: the type of browser, its version, and the operating system of the computer requesting access
- Referrer: the web page the user came from
- System date: the date and time on the server at the time of access
- Full request: the exact request the user made
- Status: the status code the server returned, e.g., fulfilled request, file not found
- Content length: the size, in bytes, of the file sent to the user
- Method: the request method used by the browser (e.g., post, get)
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI): the location of the particular resource requested. (More commonly known as a URL.)
- Query string of the URI: anything after a question mark in a URI. For example, if a keyword search has been requested, the search word will appear in the query string.
- Protocol: the technical protocol and version used, i.e., http 1.0, ftp, etc.
The above information is not used in any way that would reveal personally identifying information to outside parties unless Scooteretti is legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.